"supporting and encouraging high quality economic, financial and business journalism"
The Wincott Foundation was set up in 1969 in honour of Harold Wincott, the most distinguished economic journalist of his day in the UK. The current chairman is Sir Richard Lambert, former editor of the Financial Times. Sir Richard is supported by a group of trustees who have a background in business, journalism and academia.
Harold Wincott papersMany of Harold Wincott's writings are held at the Franciscan Library store at the Verney Park site of the University of Buckingham. To gain access to these papers, please contact The Secretary.
To access these papers online, take the following steps.
1. Click on the following link to the university's library - University of Buckingham Library
2. The link leads to a "timed-out" page. Click on "OK" to start a new session.
3. Click on "Library Catalogue" in the navigation section on the left side of the screen.
4. Click on "advanced search" (in small print in bottom left corner of "Quick Search Library Catalogue")
5. In the "Catalogue Searches" box on the right side of the screen, click on "Class mark number"
6. In the "Call number" field, enter HEW.
A catalogue of Harold Wincott's papers was prepared in 2004. To download the catalogue (in MS Word form), click here.